Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Now What?

I feel so confused…like what’s next? I thought this would be easy. I’ve read blogs forever, and yet now that I am writing one, I have no idea what to do. What should I write? What is there to talk about? The pressure! I don’t want to let down all four of my readers – you’ve come here, I should make it worth your while. So, after much deliberation, here it goes: dinner plans for tonight. I know – you are at the edge of your seat.

Well, when my husband and I want to kick it up a notch, we go to The Keg. We really are living in the fast lane people! And although I hate the service, find the restaurant has kind of a weird smell to it – bleach mixed with seasoning salt perhaps? – notice that the crowd isn’t really cohesive – families, teenagers, first dates – seriously, figure out your market Keg people, and think it's grossly overpriced for what you are actually getting (like my father would say what’s the difference between their steak and ours?), I do love their crazy overstuffed baked potatoes. Generally I’m a slave to all carbohydrates, but this gigantic potato really does me in. In the name of full disclosure, I have not gone so far as to request the cheese sauce on it, so I’m not totally shameless, but I always add the butter that you’re supposed to use on your bun, in my potato. Whatever.

So, although we are not going to The Keg for dinner, I figured I would do my best to replicate it. I was cleaning out my freezer last night and found ‘fast fry steaks’ that if the package is to be trusted are “best before December 15” (I’m sure they’re fine) buried underneath about seven packages of bacon (I don’t have a legitimate explanation for that), and because I’ve been obsessed with having nachos for whatever reason lately, I had green onions and sour cream in the fridge. This all created a perfect storm for our dinner tonight, and that is what we did – minus the weird smells and crappy service.

Also, how the hell do you spell potato(e)? E no E? WTF?

2 comments:

  1. I totally hear you about the pressure to write blogs and have something new and exciting for each post!

    That being said - great post! Hehe. We have a place called The Potato Place that pretty much only does gigantic overstuffed potatoes. It's down the street from where I work and I think I've eaten there twice in the last three years. The potatoes really stay with you!

    I'm enjoying your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn’t love a good Keg night out…although I personally go for the garlic mashed. Just so you know you are not alone in your potato spelling issue...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdqbi66oNuI

    ReplyDelete