Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Last Book I Read

I just finished reading the book Six Suspects by Vikas Swarup. I’ve shared my love of books set in the Middle East and India in the past, so I thought it would be a good fit for me. It’s from the guy who wrote Slumdog Millionaire and although I didn’t read that book, I did see the movie which was pretty good so I thought why not.

As an aside, how much do I love Irrfan Khan? He played the police inspector in Slumdog Millionaire and he was also a patient on the TV show In Treatment. Have you heard him speak? He has the most hypnotic voice. Love him. Anyways, back to the book.

So I really liked it. The ending was kind of meh, but the whole 400 pages leading up to it were really good. The book is about a man who murders a girl and then has a party to celebrate his acquittal, as you do when you get away with murder. But, TWIST! He himself is then murdered at the party.

There are three suspects in his murder. Just kidding. Obviously there are six suspects in his murder. So each chapter is written in the perspective of one of those suspects, and in the end all the stories sort of intertwine. I sort of figured out who the killer was in the third section, (as I’m sure you will too), but it was a fun story anyways. It’s a pretty easy read and the characters are interesting although the one American suspect is really stupid. Like take you out of the story stupid. Either, way, I would recommend it if you are looking to get wrapped up in a fun story.

No comments:

Post a Comment